Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Because you don't know nearly enough about me yet...

As promised, here are the answers to my second tag. Thanks, Heather! I thought this one was going to be easy, but it was much harder than I anticipated.


8 shows I love to watch:

Backyardigans (Stetson's favorite - it's a daily must)
So You Think You Can Dance?
Chuck
House
Grey's Anatomy

The Office

Psych
Design on a Dime

8 favorite restaurants:
Tia Rosa's
Gecko Grill
Cafe Rio
Olive Garden
Moki's (you have to try the cake and coconut ice cream)
Outback Steakhouse
Cheesecake Factory (more for the dessert than dinner)
Aladdin's (delicious falafel)

8 things that happened yesterday:
Stetson and I headed to the pediatrician to make sure his ear infection had cleared up. All clear!

We went to the "zoo," aka Petland to play with the dogs. We goofed around with a fiesty puppy that looked like a small rabbit. Stetson loved it!

I accidentally tossed Stetson on his head. :( Great parenting. I was playing with him on the couch when he rolled off onto his head. He didn't cry and didn't appear hurt at all, but it sure scared me!

I taught my darling dance classes -- the highlight of my week! Every Tuesday I pack all my family room furniture into the office so that two classes of sweet 3-5 year-olds can take over my house. I can only hope that they have as much fun as I always do.

Dinner: the extremely fancy Hamburger Helper. I teach until 5:40pm on Tuesdays, so whatever I do has to be super quick. Usually I stick something in the Crock Pot, but the doctor's appointment threw off my groove. In emergencies, I send Lafe to Subway. This seemed the more economical choice.

Stetson and I headed to the library to pick-up/drop off books and play in the children's section while Lafe studied.

Stetson threw a big fit because I wouldn't buy him a snack from the library's vending machine. He was grouchy the whole way home and during his bath. After the bath he ran out, dripping wet and naked, and sat on the kitchen floor saying, "pop-pop" (popcorn). So we made popcorn and then read our library books on the couch.

After Stetson was in bed, I read Frankenstein (great choice for October. Dracula's next on my list), and watched TV until Lafe got home.

8 things I'm looking forward to:
Going to see A Chorus Line on Thursday.
Halloween.
Finding out what my sister's fifth child will be. And then meeting that cute baby in March.
My in-laws coming to visit.
Thanksgiving -- and having a house full of family and food.
Christmas break in Arizona.
Lafe taking the boards. More accurately, Lafe being done taking the boards.
Owning a home someday.

8 things on my wish list:
Snow bibs, boots and jacket for Stetson (because if we have to stay inside all winter, we'll go crazy)

My guest room organized.

All of my favorite books. Make that a house full of my favorite books.

The repairs in my apartment finally done. (Hole in roof, hole in ceiling, windows stuck, screens missing, drain clogged, faucet dripping, linoleum peeling, paint chipping...).

An all-expenses-paid trip to NYC. See previous tag.

Knowing where we'll be and what we'll be doing post-dental school.

Having our student loans paid off.

8 people I'm tagging:
Alysen C., Kara F., Jordyn P., Jacquee W.,
Lisa S.,
Tasha M., Kimberley Y., Ashley Y.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Mmmmmm Moki's--yummy! I forgot about that one on my post, but it's definitely a favorite. I'm glad you're enjoying Frankenstein. I loved Dracula. You should also try Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde. It was a quick read, but fun and thought-provoking. The Time Machine was interesting, too--but I guess I should stop now and just update my Goodreads shelves. Love you!!!!

Kara Jones said...

You need a microphone in your hand to complete the look, seriously.
"L. Marie Chaffee reporting the 6 o'clock news"
gorgeous!