My wonderful husband decided last-minute to join me and Stetson in Washington, D.C. Lafe's parents as well as Lee and Vanessa and their kids were spending a few days there and we were invited to join them. My first trip to D.C. was fabulous! I got a 48 hour sample of what D.C. has to offer. We spent time at the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. I also got to see the White House, Capitol Building, and the Vietnam and Korean War memorials. My cousin Lindi, her husband Ryan, and their little girl London are living in D.C. while Ryan is in law school. They met us at the Lincoln Memorial and we spent some time catching up. We also spent a few hours at the Air and Space Museum.
Here are some pictures from the trip... (Lafe gets all the credit for the beautiful location shots.)
I can't wait to go back to D.C. Next time, I want to go to the National Archives and the Library of Congress. What are your favorite parts of Washington, D.C.?


5 comments:
How is it that I'm not surprised you visited the Air and Space Museum? My favorite stop when I went to DC was the National Gallery of Art. I could have spent all day there--but Dad did not agree! ;)
I love Washington D.C! That's so fun that you got to go there.
so i grew up in Maryland and I LOVE DC!!! I am sooo jealous that you got to go. I cannot wait to take Michael there someday! I love the Smithsoneans, so amazing. I also love OLD TOWN DC where all the ethnic eaterys and shops are, its really cool!
Darling family! Awww. . . those pics are beautiful! I absolutely love the East Coast.
you have to send me the stroller pictures. i'm embarrassed to say this... but my favorite part was chipotle! can you tell we're deprived of mexican food! we can't wait to see you for thanksgiving.
Post a Comment