Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Birthday Boys


We've been having a party. Two, actually. Lafe and Stetson's birthdays are only eight days apart, so we celebrate all week long!On Stetson's birthday, we invited a few friends his age over for -- what else?! -- a cowboy party. The kids ate lunch, swung at the pinata (that has a tilde but I can't get blogger to do it), and took turns riding on Stetson's rocking horse. Then Stetson opened presents that night when Lafe got home from school.This week, I was teaching dance on Lafe's birthday and he was studying for a test. So we celebrated at dinnertime with homemade lasagna (Lafe's favorite) and this delicious dessert:
{Anne, you should be very proud. I created a dessert with more than five ingredients -- your blog is inspiring me!}

Now we're looking forward to celebrating Valentine's Day on Saturday. Who knew you could pack so much fun into two weeks?

8 comments:

Jordyn Perkins said...

Looks like you had one awesomely fun week! Is that the better than ___ cake? HAha! It looks delicious! Edyn & Craig's bdays are one day apart. That should be fun. ;) You are one incredibly talented mama.

OurHappyFamily said...

Happy Birthday you two!! Looks like you had fun partying!

That cake looks yummy... nice work Lacy!

Gloria Sigontos said...

happy birthday Lafe and stetson!

Anne said...

What a fun week! That's fun to have birthdays together. Ben's is just a bit before mine so we usually do a team present and party. :)

Your dessert looks delicious! I wish we would have been there to share! It's crazy that our little guys are two already. Stetson is adorable and we hope to see more of you guys soon!

Kara Jones said...

i have a gift for Stetson. Happy belated-b day Lafe!

Erica Wiezbowski said...

that cake looks delicious!! happy birthday, boys!!

HowellAZ said...

Hi and Happy Birthday (belated) to the boys! We heard the other Chaffees are moving back in to the ward! Cool!
Thanks so much for your comment on our blog...we are looking forward (with some aprehension) to being parents. (:

Seth and Emily said...

Hey Lacy, Just thought I'd let you know I'm adding you to my blog list. And also, I am trying to start that Spanish club for the summer time. Emily Barker is in and has another friend. I'm going to try to talk to Claudia Albrecht soon.